Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Feeling very close to my Jesus today and just leaning into Him for all of my strength and comfort. In doing so, I noticed something tiny, but so huge today. Gabe and Millie and I were leaving J.C. Penney and I had Millie on my hip and Gabe was walking beside me as we headed for the parking lot. I reached my hand down, as mothers do, to grab Gabe's hand as he headed off the curb into the street. Usually, I'll say, "Hand please." However, this time I didn't and I happened to be watching him and he was off in his own world, not looking up at me. What I watched unfold though, has left me thinking - I instinctively reached my hand toward him - noticed that I didn't touch him or anything - he instinctively grabbed for my hand, simultaneously. We joined hands and walked toward the van. In the middle of the street, I realized how natural this was for the two of us. He knew to reach for me as I was already reaching my hand for him. This is how my heavenly Father longs for me to be in relationship with him. To know that He is always reaching his hand down to me, he's always there. But for me, to be more like my Gabe - to reach for him, instinctively. I mean, wow. I want to react that way - to everything, not just when it comes to crossing the street. Gabe knew my hand was going to be there - he reached for me. We met halfway. My God doesn't even ask me to meet him halfway - he is there, all the time, his hand never leaves me. I am going to start reaching mine up without looking, before thinking, trusting fully that what he has for me is way better than anything I could ever dream up.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

me too...lynz me too...